(Economics, Management, Marketing, Linguistics, Pedagogy, Education, History)
ISSN 1805-9112 (Online)
Littera Scripta was founded in 2008. It is a scientific journal published electronically and in English by the Faculty of Corporate Strategy of the Institute of Technology and Economics in České Budějovice. In 2010, it was included in the list of reviewed non-impacted periodicals published in the Czech Republic. In November 2015 was Littera Scripta included in the database CEJSH and ERIH PLUS.
It focuses on the publication of scientific studies in the fields of economics, business administration, management, marketing, tourism, public sector management, governance and administration, linguistics, pedagogy, education and history.
The aim of the journal is to create a broad platform for the exchange of ideas, experience and gain new knowledge from research and creative work. It is intended mainly for employees of university and non-university higher education and scientific institutions.
Instructions for authors
Articles in Littera Scripta are according to valid “Methodology of assess the performance of research organizations” classified as “ Jneimp “ – original/review articles in expert periodical which is included in the database ERIH (it has been replaced by ERIH PLUS).
- On delivery the contribution is checked by editors in formal terms.
- Contributions that satisfy the formal requirements are sent to the Internal Editorial Board for approval. The members of the Internal Editorial Board are required to express their opinion within seven days. If the majority supports the contribution it is accepted for review.
- Editors assign two reviewers who do not work in the same workplace as the study’s authors. Upon the delivery of review opinions, editors can a) submit the contribution to the journal, b) return it for completion, or c) reject its publication.
Range: Minimum 8 standard pages, maximum 15 standard pages (1 standard page = 1800 characters, including interspaces).
Form: Electronic; contributions should be submitted in .docx, .doc, .rtf, .txt format and sent by email to the address of journal editor: email@example.com
Deadline: Papers can be sent throughout the whole year. The deadline for the first issue is the 31st March and for the second issue on the 30th June.
Language: English is the only language accepted.
Formal structure and editing of the contribution is based on a template: See Attachment No. 1
Quotations which are part of the text must comply with applicable citation Standard ISO 690, valid from March 2011.
It is permissible to generate citations in footnotes with contributions from linguistics, pedagogy, education and history, which refer to archival and other materials.
Structure of the article: (for details see Attachment No. 1 – bellow)
References according to the citating standard ČSN ISO 690, which became effectiv in March 2011, are part of the text.
Contributions in the fields of linguistics, pedagogy, education and history with references to archive sources can use references in the form of footnotes.
It is expected that all contributions contain references to the latest studies of journals included in databases Web of Science, Scopus and ERIH PLUS.
- Title of the article – concise, brief, and clearly informative.
- Full name of the author (including the full name of the co-author/s) – without a degree – can be indexed.
- Employment of author/s
- Abstract – a summary of the goals and methods of the research, and a brief description of the conclusions. Range of 900 – 1300 characters (including interspaces).
- Keywords – 4–7 words or expressions, accurate, separated by commas, first letters are small, behind the last word there is no full-stop.
- Introduction – contains the aim of the work and the reason for conducting it, a brief summary of the contemporary state of the topic or topic specifics, quotations of works focusing on the same topic, especially recent works.
- Materials and methods – contains a description of the process of data acquisition, the selection of the methodology and the reasoning for the chosen methods (this can be connected to the introduction).
- Results – contains an exact and objective description of the results of the research. The text is to be accompanied by graphs, tables and other background data.
- Discussion – contains an interpretation of the achieved results within the context of contemporary science and knowledge in related branches, including a discussion on possible objections.
- Conclusion – contains a summary of the used materials and methods and essential features that focus on new knowledge.
- Bibliography – only actually quoted sources should be listed. Bibliographic records must comply with applicable citation Standard ISO 690, valid from March 2011. Resources are sorted alphabetically, by last name of the first author. DOI can be added after ISSN. Examples are included in Attachment No. 2 – see below.
- At least 10 sources indexed in Web of Science or Scopus should be included.
- Address of the author / authors: name and surname including academic degrees, department, faculty, workplace name, street address, ZIP code and city, country, e-mail.
Graphs and tables: Do not duplicate graphs and tables – if they give the same information, choose one of them, which is more appropriate and concise.
Graphs and tables must be numbered, bearing the name and reference to the source.
Please do not use colours in graphs and tables.
Photographs, drawings: Only photographs and drawings in electronic form with a sufficient resolution will be accepted. Scanned materials must be at least 300 DPI.
These materials must be referred to in a text at all times.
Mathematical symbols and equations: Equations and mathematical symbols should be set up by an equation editor (maths symbols).
Proofreading: All authors are responsible for the use of proper language and grammar. Editors perform language checks and proofread the texts. A modified text is always returned to the author prior to publication for the author’s approval.
Statement of authorship: I declare on my honour that I have written the uploaded contribution myself using the sources therein listed and with the application of methods recognised in the scientific and pedagogical spheres. By sending the document I accept full responsibility for any falsities that are in breach of this declaration or of the Copyright Act and that I am fully aware of the consequences that might result from such a breach, including financial compensation for damage caused to the reputation of the Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice.
The Editorial Board reserves the right to reject contributions that do not meet the instructions for authors or which breach ethical principles, the law, and in particular the Copyright Act.
The Editorial Board also reserves the right to request evidence from the authors of the ownership of copyrights to accompanying photographs and images. The ownership of copyrights to photographs or images used for publication in Littera Scripta may be proven by an affidavit, a contract evidencing ownership or by written consent from the owner of the copyrights.
Fee: Published papers are remunerated according to the quality. Average remuneration is CZK 2000, -.
January 2016, editorial staff